Thanks for Signing Up!
We look forward to getting out with you soon. In the meanwhile we have a bit of homework for you to ensure when your course comes all our ducks are in a row, we both have a clear expectation of the course and we won't waste any time getting you out.
To the right is a checklist of homework items which are found below. At anytime please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions.
The Altus Crew
- Review the Goals of the Course
- Fill out the Participants' Info (each participant)
- Read and Sign our Participants' Waiver (each participant)
- Check out The Gear List
- Review Prerequisites and Info Videos
- Additional Course Reading + Downloads
- Make note of the Meeting Time and Location
- The Details (Cancellation Policy and what's included & not included)
Understanding Required Gear
• Required knots and tools
• Snow and body anchors
• Self arrest
• Drop loop haul with 3:1, 6:1
• Direct haul 3:1, 6:1
• Rope ascension
• Roping up on glacier
• Glacier assessment and understanding
• General alpine mountain hazards
• 30-litre backpack or large enough to carry personal and some group gear
• Rope - Best to bring the rope you will be using for ski touring
Hardware - FOR DAY 2
• Mountain boots
• Ice axe
• 30 litre backpack (something large enough to fit extra clothing, skins (6in x 2 x 3),
food, water and any personal items)
Crevasse rescue kit
• 1 x 1.5m 6mm cord,
• 2 x 5m 6mm cord,
• 2 x Double shoulder length sling (120cm),
• 4 locking carabiners,
• 2 non-locking carabiner,
• Belay device,
• Pulley (optional)
• Minitraction or another capture device (optional)
• Waterproof/breathable jacket and pants
• Lightweight breathable jacket and pants
• Insulated jacket
• Lightweight gloves for climbing/skinning
• Warm gloves x 2
• Warm hats
• Balaclava or another type of neck warmer
• Base layers
• Sun screen
• Sun hat
• Personal first aid, medication
* You will be having lunch outside so please remember to pack accordingly.
Recommend packing a little more food than normal and roughly 1.5 - 2L of water or
Pre-Requisites + info videos
• Previous mountaineering experience.
• Understanding of basic knots
• Ability to hike up hill 4+ hours
Read and sign participant waiver
Hit the link below and be transported to another tab, where you will find our waiver. Once you are finished come on back to this page for the remaining riveting steps
Meeting place and Time
Location: Squamish Adventure Centre (inside in the cafe area)
38551 Loggers Ln, Squamish, BC V8B 0H2
The detailsCancelation policy
Client cancelation policy
Making a booking
Greater than 14 days from start date
20% deposit is required to secured your guides and or trip. Remaining trip cost is due 14 days
Less than 14 days from start date
Trip cost must be paid in full
*Subject to change based on particular trip
Forms of payment
Credit card: Visa, Mastercard
Email transfer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheque: Only accepted 30 days prior to trip commencement
Greater than 30 days from start date
Deposit will be refunded in full
30 to 14 days prior to trip commencement
Deposit amount will be forfeited
Less than 14 days
Full trip amount will be forfeited
*Subject to change based on particular trip
*All cancellations must be received in writing
Cancellations by Altus Mountain Guides
Upon confirming your booking we guarantee the trip departure. If we cancel a trip for any reason prior to the start date a full refund will be provided. If we are forced to cancel a trip for any reason after the trip start date, a full refund for the unused portion of the trip will be provided.
Trip cancelation insurance
Upon confirmation of your trip Altus Mountain Guides enters into financial obligation and cannot refund payment or release you from your contractual obligation except for condition stated below in “Cancellations” Therefore in an effort to avoid unnecessary cancellation penalties, cancellation insurance is strongly recommended in the event you can not participate or if your trip is interrupted “for any reason”. This is available from most travel companies. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding our policy or obtaining insurance.
All participants must have personal internationally accepted medical insurance for all activities pertaining to your trip that also includes emergency rescue and evacuation. With your insurance please ensure your will be covered for “roped travel” if booking a technical trip.
The required insurance depends on location
Canada – Insurance is free in entire country
USA – Private insurance is recommended
France – Mountain climbing rescue is free
Switzerland, Italy, Austria – Privates or alpine club insurance is required.
Europe: We recommend the following: Austrian alpine club membership, REGA
International: Global rescue??
Longer & more involved routes may have an additional premium Driving, accommodation,& food costs are trip dependent. Please contact us for details and a full quote.
8 day guided skiing with ACMG guide
Pre-trip logistics and Altus concierge support
Transportation to and from airport
Transportation during ski week
9-nights of accommodation
One heck of a good timeNot Included Not included: Lunch and dinner, Alcohol or additional beverages, flights to Japan, and travel insurance. For help booking flights or travel insurance, chat with our Concierge department
Still Have Questions or Concerns?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or requests on how we can make this the best trip ever!!!Email Us Your Questions!