Whether you are confident at top rope climbing or sport climbing, our single day Trad Climbing course is for intermediate to advanced climbers. No lead climbing experience necessary! This course is also highly recommended to climbers interested in taking our Multi-Pitch Climbing course, as trad climbing experience is required.
• Climb 5.8 Outdoors
• Proficiency with Belaying
• Top Rope and Lead with a Variety of Devices
• Proficiency with Climbing Knots and Gear
• Understanding of Climbing Anchor Principals
• Previous Lead Climbing Experience (recommended, but not required)
The morning is spent practicing gear placements and making gear anchors. The afternoon is practice top-roped leads and ultimately supervised leads.
Understanding Required Gear
Excellent Gear Placements
Building Gear, Tree and Natural Anchors
Safe Leading + Safe Belaying