Granite towers, rising from the ice.
From the Beckey-Chouinard (V 5.10) to the West ridge of Pigeon (II 5.4), there is something here for everyone! A three hour hike brings you to the commodious Conrad Kain Hut which provides the base for a week-long binge of Alpine rock climbing or mountaineering.
Let an Altus Mountain Guide, Bugaboo Climbing Guide take you to high places in the Bugaboos!
We offer all-inclusive 3 or 5-day trips.
Custom duration trips all summer.
Length: 3 or More Days
Starting point: Golden, BC.
Summit Elevation: 2678M (8786ft)
Season: June 1 - October 1
Max. Guest to Guide Ratio: 2:1
Style of Climbing: Rock climbing
Cost: Starting at $1050 per person
Book a Custom Trip
Custom date & duration Starting at $600 / day
3 day trip $1950
3 day trip $2400
5 day trip $3250
5 day trip $3640
- Guide’s fees
- Group equipment
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for the duration of trip
- Transportation from Golden to the trailhead (4x4 road)
- Photos of the trip
- Hut or Camping fees
- Use of camping equipment (tent, sleeping pad, etc) if applicable
- Pre and post valley accommodation
- Sleeping bag
- Use of mountaineering boots
- Boots – full-leather, They should be well broken-in and waterproofed with snow seal or similar
- Rock climbing shoes
- Sleeping bag – good to approx. -5 or -10 degrees Celsius
- Sleeping pad – therma-rest style or closed-cell foam
- Backpack – 40-80 litre capacity
- Summit-pack – 20-40 litre capacity (Optional)
- Outer layer jacket with hood – Gore-Tex style
- Light weight outer layer waterproof pants – Gore-Tex style
- Lightweight thermal layers – top & bottom, Polypro, Icebreaker, etc.
- Climbing/hiking pants – nylon, fleece, Schoeller, etc. (1 pair)
- Gloves (medium weight) – wool or poly-pro (2 pair)
- Waterproof gloves or mitts (gloves work best) (2 pairs)
- Warm parka/jacket – down, synthetic, fleece or pile (1)
- Sweater or vest – wool, synthetic, fleece or down (1)
- Socks – wool or synthetic blend (2-3 pairs)
- Toque/warm hat – wool or fleece (1)
- Sunglasses – UV block with good eye coverage (1pr)
- Ski goggles
- Headlamp with new batteries
- Personal 1st aid (blister kit, toothbrush, blister kit, toilet paper, etc.)
- Misc. personal items (camera, journal, etc.)
- Sunscreen – minimum spf45
- Water bottles/hydration system – minimum 1 liters
- Walking pole(s) – Optional but helpful for the approach/descent
- Gaiters (1 pair) – Optional if built in paint gaiters or boot gaiters
Communal equipment: (supplied by Altus if required)
Is this for you?
- Previous rock climbing experience, in the gym or outside
- Have top roped 5.6 as a minimum
- Fitness to be moving for a minimum of 8 hours
- Can hike 6 hours in gentle uphill terrain
- Likes being outside
Sounds too basic for you? We got you covered, our crew can guide anything from the easiest to nearly the hardest routes in the Bugaboos.
Day 1: Meet in Golden BC and travel to the final trailhead. 3 hours of hiking leads up to the Conrad Kain Hut.
Day 2 - 4: Climb amongst the spires of the Bugaboo Mountains! If you have specific routes or mountains you wish to climb Altus Mountain Guides will do all we can to get you to the summit of your dreams. Of course, conditions and weather play a huge roll in the Bugaboos of what can be climbed. Our ACMG / IFMGA certified guides are qualified to make selections that will provide you the most amazing experience possible, in one of the world’s premiere mountaineering and rock climbing destinations.
Day 5: Pack up and hike out to the car and have lunch in Golden BC.
*Contact us for custom dates, duration and included costs
The bugaboos have an enormous amount of excellent alpine rock climbing routes to choose from. What to climb on your trip will depend on skill and the current conditions. There are routes suitable for completely new alpine climbers to experienced rock climbing looking to push grades. 4th to 5.13
Still Have Questions or Concerns?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or requests on how we can make this the best trip ever!!!