Journeyman Lodge 3 days skills overnight
December 8 – 10, 2023 – BOOK NOW
Using the remote Journeyman Lodge as a home base, this fully guided and catered ski touring package has it all: amazing skiing, great food, and luxurious accommodation! The Journeyman Lodge is found in the heart of British Columbia’s Coast Mountains, deep in the Upper Callaghan Basin at 4,500′ (1,370m) above sea level. Accessed by Snowcat, it offers many of the comforts of home in a pristine skiers paradise including great family-style meals, a warm lodge, and a wood-fired sauna.
With 3,500 Hectares of amazing skiing just outside the door, the Callaghan has limitless potential. From majestic old-growth forests to high alpine glaciers there’s great skiing for every ability and fitness level. Each day after breakfast skis are put on at the front door and you will follow your ACMG-certified guides into the mountains. With 2 guides there will be options for longer or shorter days depending on fitness and how people are feeling.
Journeyman Lodge has a number of different rooms available:
- Nook Queen: Very cozy (small) room with a queen bed
- Nook Twin: Very cozy (small) room with two twin beds
- Standard Queen: Nice room with a view and a queen bed
- Standard Twin: Nice room with a view and two twin beds
- Superior Room: Nice room with a small balcony and ensuite and a queen bed
- Ability to comfortably tour (skin) uphill 6000 feet vertical (4-6 hours)
- Comfortable skiing/riding the equivalent of a double black ski run at a North American resort
- AST 1 or equivalent avalanche training
What you will Learn?
- Morning trip planning and hazard assessment
- Setting up track
- Group management for ascending and descents
- Guide provided feedback on your leads and decision-making