Thanks for Signing Up!
We look forward to having you join our Women's Ski Mountaineering course soon. In the meantime, we have a bit of homework for you so when your trip date arrives all our ducks are in line, expectations are clear, and we don't waste any time getting you on the snow.
To the right is a checklist of your homework assignments which are found below. At any time please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions.
The Altus Crew
Pre-Trip Check List
- Fill out the Participants' Info Form
- Read and Sign our Participant's Waiver
- Check out The Gear List
- Review Info Videos
- Make note of Meeting Time and Location
- The Details (Our Cancellation Policy and what's included & not included).
The Gear List
*Ask us about our rental partners!*
Avalanche Safety Gear
- Avalanche beacon
- Ski touring skis: bindings, skins, poles or split board+skins
- Ski touring/snowboard boots
- General mountaineering axe (steel) we will have a couple on hand as well
- 30 litre backpack or large enough to carry personal and some group gear
- Rope - We will provide but feel free to bring whatever rope you would be using personally, so you can practice with it.
Crevasse rescue kit
- 1 x 1.5m 7mm cord
- 2 x 5m 7mm cord
- 2 x shoulder length sling
- 4 locking carabiners
- 2 non-locking carabiner
- Belay device
- Pulley (optional)
- Ice screw (16cm min)
- Ski strap
We have lots of extra gear so don’t feel you need to bring all the crevasse gear.
- Waterproof/breathable jacket and pants
- Lightweight breathable jacket and pants (for uphill skinning/climbing)
- Insulated jacket (synthetic insulated jacket is strongly recommended)
- Lightweight gloves for climbing/skinning
- Warm gloves
- Warm hats
- Balaclava or other types of neck warmer
- Sun screen + Sun Hat
- Ski strap
- Small personal ski repair kit
- Personal first aid, medication
Please arrive in the morning with food and drink for the day.
Pre-Purchase your Backcountry Lift Pass
Unless you have a Whistler Blackcomb Season’s Pass, Epic Pass, or Edge Card, you will need to purchase a Whistler Blackcomb Backcountry Pass for each day you we use the lifts to access the Whistler Blackcomb Backcountry. Your guide will bring you your passes the morning of your trip.
When to Rope Up on a Glacier
Coiling A Rope
How to Rope Up on Glacier
Meeting Time and Place
Location: The Handle Bar
The Lift Coffee Co. is located at 4557 Blackcomb Way Whistler BC (at the base of the new Blackcomb Gondola). We'll meet you on the patio.
Please take a moment to read and understand our policies before booking! Booking, payment, cancelation and weather policies, as well as FAQ may be found here.
1 full day instruction with ACMG guide
All technical equipment
Still Have Questions or Concerns?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or requests on how we can make this the best trip ever!!!