Thanks for Signing Up!
We look forward to having you join our AST 2 course soon. In the meanwhile, we have a bit of homework for you to ensure that when your course comes up all of our ducks are in a row and we both have a clear expectation of the course so we won't waste any time getting you on the snow.
To the right is a checklist of your homework assignments which are found below. At any time please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions.
The Altus Crew
- Fill out the Participant's Info (each participant)
- Read and sign Participant Waiver (each participant)
- Join the FB group
- Check out The Gear List
- Pre-purchase your lift ticket (if you haven't already)
- Make note of the Meeting Time and Location
- The Details (Cancellation Policy and what's included & not included)
The .5 in this 4.5-day course is an evening classroom session. The classroom session will be held on Wednesday February 7 between 7:30-9:30pm in the Whistler Athletes' Centre located at 1080 Legacy Way in Cheakamus Crossing- south of Whistler Village. We will be in the Sechelt Room.
Whistler - Whistler Athletes Centre
1080 Legacy Way, Whistler, BC V0N 1B1
7:30pm - 9:30pm
Read and Sign Participant's Waiver
Hit the link below and be transported to another tab where you will find our Participant's Waiver. Once complete please come back to this page for the remaining riveting steps.
Altus AST Course FB page
This here is the space to meet other participants on your AST 1 or 2 course, ask questions to get ready for your course, or pose a follow-up question after your course.
The Gear List
Avalanche Safety Gear *Hit the link to rent! (use the code: altus20off for a discount)
• Avalanche Transceiver
• Shovel: Collapsable aluminum shovel.
• Probe: Normal length probe somewhere from 220cm to 320cm.
• Snow saw (optional)
• Suitable day pack 30 - 40L
• Snow study kit: loop, screen, ruler, thermometer (optional)
• Waterproof/breathable jacket and pants
• Lightweight breathable jacket and pants (for uphill skinning/climbing)
• Insulated jacket (synthetic insulated jacket is strongly recommended)
• Lightweight gloves for climbing/skinning
• Warm gloves
• Warm hats
• Balaclava or another type of neck warmer
• Base Layers
• Sun hat
• Ski strap
• Small personal ski repair kit
• Personal first aid, medication
Pre-Purchase Your Backcountry Lift Pass
If you don't already have a season's pass you will need a backcountry access pass for both Thursday, Friday and potentially Sunday, based on conditions.
We offer backcountry passes for $61 + 5% GST. This must be purchased before the course!
Client Cancellation Policy
Making a Booking
Greater than 14 days from start date
20% deposit is required to secure your guides and or trip. Remaining trip cost is due 14 days
Less than 14 days from start date
Trip cost must be paid in full
*Subject to change based on particular trip
Forms of payment
Credit card: Visa, Mastercard
Email transfer: email@example.com
Cheque: Only accepted 30 days prior to trip commencement
Greater than 30 days from start date
Deposit will be refunded in full
30 to 14 days prior to trip commencement
Deposit amount will be forfeited
Less than 14 days
Full trip amount will be forfeited
*Subject to change based on particular trip
*All cancellations must be received in writing
Cancellations by Altus Mountain Guides
Upon confirming your booking we guarantee the trip departure. If we cancel a trip for any reason prior to the start date a full refund will be provided. If we are forced to cancel a trip for any reason after the trip start date, a full refund for the unused portion of the trip will be provided.
Trip cancellation insurance
Upon confirmation of your trip Altus Mountain Guides enters into financial obligation and cannot refund payment or release you from your contractual obligation except for condition stated below in “Cancellations” Therefore in an effort to avoid unnecessary cancellation penalties, cancellation insurance is strongly recommended in the event you can not participate or if your trip is interrupted “for any reason”. This is available from most travel companies. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding our policy or obtaining insurance.
- Course material (Decision making hand book)
- 4.5 days instruction from CAA members and ACMG guide
- Avalanche rescue equipment
- Backcountry lift ticket
Still Have Questions or Concerns?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or requests on how we can make this the best trip ever!!!