Wedge Mountain Summit
Local powders stash and epic freeride lines - all winter long.
If you have ever visited Whistler, BC you have certainly noticed the formidable peak that dominates Whistler's skyline: Wedge Mountain. At 2904m, Wedge Mountain is the tallest peak in Garibaldi Park Provincial, which stretches from Squamish to north of Whistler and is one of the best mountaineering objectives close to Whistler. The most common Wedge Mountain climb is via the NE Ridge Route - a classic of steep snow and ridge climbing to a terrific summit.
Length: 2 days
Starting point: Whistler, BC
Summit Elevation: 2904M, 9530ft
Season: June 1 - September 1
Max. Guide to Guest Ratio: 2:1
Style of Climbing: Steep snow and ice
Cost: Starting at $740 per person
- Guide’s fees
- Group equipment
- Technical gear rentals (Harness, Helmet, Axe, Crampons)
- Photos of the climb
- Pre and post valley accommodation
- Personal gear rental (ex. mountaineering boots, tent, sleeping bag/mat)
- 4x4 Transportation to Trailhead (provided at additional cost based on road conditions)
- Food (catering offered for $60/day)
- Boots – full-leather, They should be well broken-in and waterproofed with snow seal or similar
- Sleeping bag – good to approx. -5 or -10 degrees Celsius
- Sleeping pad – therma-rest style or closed-cell foam
- Backpack – 40-80 litre capacity
- Summit-pack – 20-40 litre capacity (Optional)
- Outer layer jacket with hood – Gore-Tex style
- Light weight outer layer waterproof pants – Gore-Tex style
- Lightweight thermal layers – top & bottom, Polypro, Icebreaker, etc.
- Climbing/hiking pants – nylon, fleece, Schoeller, etc. (1 pair)
- Gloves (medium weight) – wool or poly-pro (2 pair)
- Waterproof gloves or mitts (gloves work best) (2 pairs)
- Warm parka/jacket – down, synthetic, fleece or pile (1)
- Sweater or vest – wool, synthetic, fleece or down (1)
- Socks – wool or synthetic blend (2-3 pairs)
- Toque/warm hat – wool or fleece (1)
- Sunglasses – UV block with good eye coverage (1pr)
- Ski goggles
- Headlamp with new batteries
- Personal 1st aid (blister kit, toothbrush, blister kit, toilet paper, etc.)
- Misc. personal items (camera, journal, etc.)
- Sunscreen – minimum spf45
- Water bottles/hydration system – minimum 1 liters
- Walking pole(s) – Optional but helpful for the approach/descent
- Gaiters (1 pair) – Optional if built in paint gaiters or boot gaiters
Is this for you?
The number one questions we get from our guest is "are they ready for a multi-pitch?". 99.9% the answer is YES, our guide job is literally to push guests ability. If you have some minimum climbing and eagerness for a day of adventure we can make the day for you!
- Previous rock climbing experience, in the gym or outside
- Have top roped 5.6 as a minimum
- Fitness to be moving for a minimum of 3 hours
- Can hike 1 hour in gentle uphill terrain
- Likes being outside
Sounds too basic for you? We got you covered, our crew can guide anything from the easiest to nearly the hardest routes in Squamish.
Day 1: We take the classic hike starting at the Valley bottom to the Wedge Hut at Wedgemount Lake.
Day 2: Alpine start, ascending the Wedge Glacier and up its NE Ridge to Wedge's Summit with a Return to the valley later that day.
*Contact us for custom dates, duration and itinerary.
Mount Wedge's Northeast face is a classic snow and ice route with climbing up to 45 degrees and a slew of technical crevasses and a bergschrund to cross.
Elevation gain from parking: 1500m
Elevation gain on the glacier: 600m
Climb steepness: 45 - 55 degrees
Distance (one way): 10km
Custom Dates All Summer
1 Participant (1:1) $1260
2 Participants (2:1)$760 / person
Larger Groups or Durations
Personal photographer to capture the trips epic moments.
Still Have Questions or Concerns?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or requests on how we can make this the best trip ever!!!