Mount Robson Kain Face
The big one.
Mt Robson Canada is one of the most beautiful and most sought-after peaks in the Canadian Rockies. From the parking lot of Mt Robson the 12,972 feet of rock and snow towers above like no other mountain in Canada. Mt. Robson is one of the more challenging summits in Canada, it sees at most a few summits per year. Like the great mountains of the world Mt. Robson makes it own weather and poses many challenges to even the most experienced mountaineer. With all these challenges, being in a park and in one of the most stunning places in the world, it rivals even the great peaks of the Himalayan Mountains. Mt Robson is a “must do” proud summit and the king of the Canadian Rockies.
Length: 5 to 7 Days
Starting point: Valemount, BC.
Summit Elevation: 3950M (12972ft)
Season: July 1 - September 15
Max. Guest to Guide Ratio: 2:1
Style of Climbing: Steep snow and ice
Cost: Starting $650/day
Book a Custom Trip
5 day trip $2350
5 day trip $1875 / pp
7 day trip $4550
7 day trip $2625 / pp
Custom Date & Duration
Custom dates, duration, and itineraries avalable upon request
- Guide’s fees
- Group equipment
- Photos of the climb
- Personal climbing gear (not boots)
- Park fees*
- Sleeping bag, mat, tent
- Pre and post valley accommodation
- Mountaineering boots
- Transportation to Valemount BC
- Helicopter flight is applicable
*Altus may arrange at additional cost
- Boots – full-leather, They should be well broken-in and waterproofed with snow seal or similar
- Sleeping bag – good to approx. -5 or -10 degrees Celsius
- Sleeping pad – therma-rest style or closed-cell foam
- Backpack – 40-80 litre capacity
- Summit-pack – 20-40 litre capacity (Optional)
- Outer layer jacket with hood – Gore-Tex style
- Light weight outer layer waterproof pants – Gore-Tex style
- Lightweight thermal layers – top & bottom, Polypro, Icebreaker, etc.
- Climbing/hiking pants – nylon, fleece, Schoeller, etc. (1 pair)
- Gloves (medium weight) – wool or poly-pro (2 pair)
- Waterproof gloves or mitts (gloves work best) (2 pairs)
- Warm parka/jacket – down, synthetic, fleece or pile (1)
- Sweater or vest – wool, synthetic, fleece or down (1)
- Socks – wool or synthetic blend (2-3 pairs)
- Toque/warm hat – wool or fleece (1)
- Sunglasses – UV block with good eye coverage (1pr)
- Ski goggles
- Headlamp with new batteries
- Personal 1st aid (blister kit, toothbrush, blister kit, toilet paper, etc.)
- Misc. personal items (camera, journal, etc.)
- Sunscreen – minimum spf45
- Water bottles/hydration system – minimum 1 liters
- Walking pole(s) – Optional but helpful for the approach/descent
- Gaiters (1 pair) – Optional if built in paint gaiters or boot gaiters
Communal equipment: (supplied by Altus if required)
Is this for you?
- Previous Mountaineering experience
- Have top roped 5.6 as a minimum
- Fitness to be moving for a minimum of 10 hours
- Camping experience
Seven day trip
Day 1: Meet at Mount Robson park and start mountain biking to Kinney Lake. Hike rest of way to Berg Lake Campground. Total 21km. 7km of Biking. Gain 820m / 2750 ft
Day 2: Hike 14km gain 1400m / 4500 ft
Day 3: Rest Day / Snow travel self-arrest crevasse rescue day / Summit day
Day 4: Summit Day
Day 5: Summit day option if poor weather
Day 6: Summit day / Hike out / Fly out / Drive home
Day 7: Summit day /Fly out / Drive home
Depending on weather will determine Summit day. The option of extending and flying out is a possibility. Trip in can be shortened with a flight into the Dome or Robson Glacier.
Five Day Trip
Day 1: Meet at Mount Robson park and Fly to 10,000 feet to set up base camp. After camp is set up take a short hike to scope the route. Snow and Ice travel refresher for glacier travel.
Day 2: Possible Summit day
Day 3: If poor weather is on the top of Mount Robson, climbing Mt. Resplendent is a plan B. Possible Summit day
Day 4: Summit Day
Day 5: Summit day and or Fly out.
Start Elevation: 2747 ft / 830m
Summit: 12988ft / 3959m
Gain: 10500 ft / 3200m, with the bits of up and down.
Down: 10500 /3200m feet
Distance to Summit: 35km.
Still Have Questions or Concerns?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or requests on how we can make this the best trip ever!!!