Climb the jewell of the Swiss Alps!
Our trip plan includes a three day warm-up, taking advantage of some of the exceptional climbing the area has to offer while acclimating and, of course, soaking up the rich italian culture. Three days are set aside for your summit attempt to account for weather contingency, maximizing the success of your attempt.
Our European offer everything you need from the start to the finish of your summit attempt. Small group guiding - 2:1 on the warm-up and 1:1 on the climb - guarantees your safety and an unbeatable experience.
Length: 6 Days
Starting point: Zermatt
Summit Elevation: 4478m
Season: July 1 - September 31
Max Guide to Guest Ratio: 2:1 Warm-Up, 1:1 Summit
Style of climbing: Steep rock and ice
- Valley accomodation (based on double occupancy)
- Mountain hut accomodation
- Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner in mountain huts
- Transportation from Chamonix to Zermat
- Guide fees
- Group equipment
- Travel to/from Geneva
- First and last night's accomodation
- Meals while in valley
- Personal gear rental (lots of affordable rental options in town!)
- Drinks while in mountain huts (no running water in mountain huts, 1.5L = 5EU/7CAD)
- Travel Insurance
- Boots - full-leather or plastic mountaineering boots. If leather, they should be well broken-in and waterproofed with snow seal or equivalent
- Lightweight thermal layers - top & bottom, Polypro, Icebreaker, etc.
- Climbing/hiking pants - nylon, fleece, Schoeller, etc. (1 pair)
- Outer layer jacket with hood - Gore-Tex style
- Light weight outer layer waterproof pants - Gore-Tex style
- Warm parka/jacket – down, synthetic, fleece or pile (1)
- Sweater or vest – wool, synthetic, fleece or down (1)
- Gloves (medium weight) - wool or poly-pro (2 pair)
- Waterproof gloves or mitts (gloves work best ) (2 pair)
- Socks - wool or synthetic blend
- Toque/warm hat - wool or fleece (1)
- Sunglasses - 1005 UV block (1pr)
- Ski goggles (optional)
- Headlamp with new battaries
- Sunscreen - minimum spf30
- Water bottles/hydration system - minimum 1 liters
- Small "thermos" for hot drinks (optional)
- Summit / Day-pack - 15-40 liters capacity (optional your big backpack can also work as a Summit pack)
- Misc. personal items (camera, journal, etc.)
- Personal first aid kit (blister kit, medication, ear plugs)
- Gaiters (1 pair)
- Knife - Swiss army style
- Hand sanitizer
- Ice ax and technical climbing tool
- Climbing harness - seat harness only
- Glacier Travel Kit
- Crampons - adjusted to your boots (1 pair)
- Walking pole(s) - Optional
Group Gear - Provided by Altus
- Compass and map
- First Aid Kit
- Rope & technical gear
Is this for you?
A summit of Matterhorn requires adequate fitness, and the climb itself is technical in nature. You should be physically capable of moving for up to 14 hours on the summit day, and should have previous mountaineering experience.
- Previous Mountaineering experience
- Have top roped 5.6 as a minimum
- Fitness to be moving for a minimum of 10 hours
*This trip has a unique payment policy.
When making a booking
Greater than 30 days from start date
- 50% deposit is required to secure your guides and or trip. Remaining trip cost is due 30 days
Less than 30 days from start date
- Trip cost must be paid in full
Please take a moment to read and understand our policies before booking! Booking, payment, cancelation and weather policies, as well as FAQ may be found here.
Scheduled Trip Dates
2021 Dates Coming Soon!€2,890 / person
Based on a minimum of 2 participants
Custom dates and duration available upon request!
Personal photographer to capture the trips epic moments.
Still Have Questions or Concerns?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or requests on how we can make this the best trip ever!!!