Multi Day Hikes
Overnight Escapes Under the Stars
Escape into the backcountry on an overnight camping expedition. Ascend through ancient old-growth forest, passing peaceful creeks and waterfalls into the majestic alpine. Camping next to a crystal blue alpine lake surrounded by epic peaks under the radiant night sky is an experience that won’t be soon forgotten.
Whether this is your first overnight trip or you’re looking to explore a new area, we’ll ensure your overnight expedition is a success. Your guide will cover backpacking tips, terrain management, navigation techniques, and camping skills. Our hiking guides are locals to the area, offering stimulating knowledge of the region's natural history, geology, and mountain culture.
Length: 2 Days, 1 Night
Elevation Gain: 1000-2000m
Terrain: Old-growth forest, alpine meadows, rugged peaks
Highlights: Turquoise lakes, cascading waterfalls, diverse flora and fauna, massive glaciers
Season: June 1 - September 30
Max Guide to Guest Ratio: 6:1
Cost: Staring at $350/person
What we offer
We'll connect you with a professionally certified ACMG Hiking Guide for two full days of immersive backcountry hiking and camping. We offer scheduled group trips for intermediate and advanced hikers and private guided trips for all skill levels to any overnight destination of your choice.
- ACMG/IFMGA certified guides
- Intimate local knowledge
- Altus concierge support for pre-trip preparation
- Fully customizable trips (dates, duration and destinations)
- Passion for showing our guests the best hiking
30km | 1520m | Intermediate
26km | 1225m | Intermediate
12km | 1160meters | Advanced
14km | 1979m | Advanced
Scheduled Trip Dates
Personal photographer to capture the trips epic moments.
Contact us for custom catering requests
Why Hike With Altus
The reason we believe in choosing anything in life is passion. When choosing your next hiking trip this summer, ask yourself; Does this company and the people involved love what they do? Does their passion for adventure shine through in my experience? Passion is the foundation of our life and our profession. The reason we book and run this specific day is so we can take all of the day-to-day details into our hands and show our guests the best experience possible. We are passionate about backcountry exploration and our natural community. Let us share it with you.
8:00 am: Meet at trailhead, check gear, review trip plan
8:15-2 pm: Hike to basecamp and have lunch
2 pm-6 pm: Set up camp and explore the area
6 pm: Dinner at camp followed by sunset and stargazing
730am-9am: Breakfast and tear-down camp
9 am-1 pm: Hike above camp and have lunch
1 pm-4 pm: Return to cars for debriefing and high fives!
*Itinerary may change from trip to trip
- 1 Day with Certified ACMG Hiking Guide
- Overnight Park Camping Fees
- Pots/Stove/Fuel for cooking
- Transportation to and from the trailhead
- Tent, sleeping bag, mat
*Catering and tents are available at additional cost. Please contact us for more information!
Please come prepared for all types of weather. It is not uncommon to have rain, sun, and snow all in one day!
- T-shirt (synthetic or wool)
- Long-sleeve shirt (synthetic or wool)
- Light or midweight fleece top
- Softshell jacket and pants/capris
- Hardshell jacket and pants (Gortex)
- Insulated jacket and pants
- Wicking layer (not cotton!)
- Hiking boots
- Hiking socks + extra warm pair for camp
- Hiking poles (optional but a great treat for your knees)
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen and lip cream
- Warm hat
- Personal first aid kit (blister kit included)
- Personal toiletries
- Cup, bowl, spoon
- Pocket knife*
- Map and compass*
- Sleeping Mat
- Sleeping Bag (0 degrees recommended)
- Backpack (50+ litres)
- Sandwiches, dehydrated meals, oatmeal, and power bars work great!
- Water filter/treatment (we can boil water as well)
- Contact us for catering options
Still Have Questions or Concerns?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or requests on how we can make this the best trip ever!!!