The proper way to ski Whistler - Blackcomb
Explore one of Patagonia's finest gems as we circumnavigate the Torres del Paines circuit in true fastpack style. More info on this trip of a lifetime coming soon.
The Skiing / The Terrain / What's Included / Trip Add-Ons / Dates & Prices
Length: 3 days
Elevations: 1300m - 2600m
Terrain: Open bowls, Glades, Pillows, Alpine Faces, Couloirs - A good mix of elevations and aspects.
Season: Scheduled dates all spring or custom trips on demand
Max Guide to Guest Ratio: 6:1
Favorite Runs: Macbeth Glacier, Overlord GlacierBook This Trip
Is this for you
Consider this area a private skiing paradise. The magic in the location lies in the aesthetic feel of the terrain. This is a “skiers canvas,” and the terrain unfolds and opens to those looking for a unique skiing or riding experience. We can cater your ability level to help build a great week. Our terrain is complete to offer ridge climbs, summits and steep descents as well as mellow bowls, glades, and runs close to home.
- Expert Skiers
- Intimate local knowledge
- ACMG/IFMGA certified guides
- Fully customizable trips (dates, duration and destinations)
- Passion for showing our guests the best skiing
Why we offer this
The number one questions we get from our guest is "are they ready for a multi-pitch?". 99.9% the answer is YES, our guide job is literally to push guests ability. If you have some minimum climbing and eagerness for a day of adventure we can make the day for you!
Sounds too basic for you? We got you covered, our crew can guide anything from the easiest to nearly the hardest routes in Squamish.
The Whistler Blackcomb backcountry provides and a lifetime of ski touring with unbeatable access. From the resort lift system, we are able to quickly access all types of skiing: glades, pillows, glaciers, and couloirs. Using the lift system allows us to maximize your time skiing with us.
Typical Whistler Backcountry day: 8:00am start - 3 to 5 backcountry runs - 1300m t0 2500m of ascent (on skins) - 2000m to 3300m of descentDay 1
Pick up group at Punta Arenas airport or hotel. Drive to Puerto Natales, this is a three hours journey crossing the Patagonian pampa. Accommodation at Vendaval hotel or similar. Free time for lunch. During the afternoon run in Laguna Sofia area. Dinner will be at Pingo Salvaje ranch located in Laguna Sofia. Here you will enjoy a typical Patagonian BBQ “Asado al Palo. Return to Puerto Natales. (D)*Day of running - 10 km Day 2
Transfer to Torres del Paine with destination Grey glacier lookout located in the new route to Serrano river entrance. From here we will start run trail finishing Serrano river. Dinner and night at Nash-Serrano.*Day of running - 16 km Day 3
Transfer to Las Torres area. Here we will begin trek/run to the Ascencio Valley where from above you see the river (of the same name) running wildly past refugio Chileno. After a quick stop here we will continue through a forest of the native Lenga (Beech) trees until reaching the glacial moraine. From here it’s a 1 hour trek to the top where the towers appear from nowhere! This trek is spectacular where you get to view the 3 pink granite towers with its glacial lake below that made the park famous. Return to Nash Serrano, dinner and night. *Day of hiking/running - 19 km / 875 mts elevation gain Day 4
Day 4After breakfast Transfer to Pudeto, cross Pehoe lake by Catamaran. 3/4 hours hike to Grey glacier. Accommodation and lunch at refugio Grey. During the afternoon hike up to Guardas suspension bridge. Dinner and night at Grey lodge. (B/L/D)*Day of hiking - 11 km Day 5
Day 5Ice-Hike: After breakfast, the guides will have an introductory chat, and explain the route, the time the tour will take and also test the equipment, and adjust it correctly for each passenger. Then, we go in a zodiac boat for 15 minutes until we reach the west side of the Grey Glacier. On arrival, we will disembark on the island at the glacier (nunatak) and we will walk on it for about an hour until we reach the ice. Before walking onto the glacier, the guide will talk to us about the safety aspects, and they will explain the techniques of displacement in the ice and the correct use of the equipment. Once the safety briefing is complete we will begin our exploration of the Grey Glacier which will last approximately 3 hours. During this time we will be able to observe cracks, rivers, lagoons and tunnels with their different tones of blue. After 3 hours on the glacier, we return to the zodiac boat and ride back to the base camp. After lunch navigate in Grey III boat, 2 hours navigation in this magic lake surrounded by ice bergs. Transfer from Hosteria Grey to Nash lodge, dinner and night. (B/L/D) *Day of Ice-hiking - 8 km Day 6
Day 6In our last day in Torres del Paine we will run alongside Serrano river, the longest river in the region. Following and old vaqueanos path we will cross-forest and creeks. This an off the beaten trail connecting Torres del Paine and Bernardo O’higgins national parks. At noon we will arrive to Monte Balmaceda hotel, lunch. During the afternoon 3 hours navigation aboard of Alberto de Agostini catamaran sailing through the Ultima Esperando Fjord. Arrival to Puerto Natales. Accommodation at Vendaval hotel or similar, farewell dinner.*Day of running - 29 km Day 7
Day 7Transfer to Punta Arenas airport, high fives!
Scheduled Trip Dates
March 23 - 25, 2018$675 / person
4 spots availableBook Now
March 14 - 16, 2018$675 / person
6 spots availableBook Now
Custom Date & Duration ContactBook Now
Personal photographer to capture the trips epic moments.
Black Crows ski demos
Take some of the hottest new powder skies for spin.Itinerary
- Arrive in Sapporo (New Chitose International Airport) Meet your guide and get on the road towards Niseko
- Settle into accommodation, eat dinner (Sushi maybe?)
- Discuss the game plan for next day. Early bed… Jet lag recovery.
- Safety First! A detailed safety briefing and thorough rescue training session will prepare you for the week and make you much more skilled in the backcountry.
- Easy Ski tour. The first day will not be strenuous at all. Most likely a tour off the ski hill followed by a soak in a natural hot spring called an Onsen.
- Dinner at one of the many restaurants located in the town of Hirafu or we can visit the quieter Niseko Town.
- Mount Yotei!! This volcano is such a beautiful mountain; some call it the Mount Fuji of Hokkaido. It rises 1500mand offers the longest runs in the area.
- The Kiroro Traverse. We travel about an hour away to the ski resort calledKiroro. Kiroro consistently get some of the deepest snow packs of all the skills. We take advantage of the gondola that brings us to the foot of the mountain Yoichi Dake. From here we ski a total of 1500m making our way back to the Van. We finish this day at the local Onsen before driving back to the Niseko area.
- Mount Shiribetsu ski tour.
- Travel toCentral Hokkaido
- Today we ski an active volcano! Asahi-dake at 2290m is the highest point in Hokkaido. This volcano has fumaroles that billow steam from the crater. The snow here is some of the lightest and driest because of the altitude and distance from the ocean.
- Tokachidake backcountry. The surrounding area of Tokachidake has some amazing spruce forests that need to be skied. So if the weather is stormy, the glades are the place to be.
- Tomamu, Furano, or Sahoro. The backcountry skiing around these resort is very accessible and taking advantage of the lifts make it easier to get maximum vertical.
- After our day we pack up and drive to Sapporo.
- The last day of skiing is based out of Sapporo. There are a number of options that all offer something different. Teine and Kokusa are the best bets. We will go where the best snow is.
- Party night in Sapporo!!
- Airport transfer day. Sleep in, eat a late breakfast, organize your gear and get dropped off at the airport.
- There are a few Places to visit in the city if your flights are later in the day.
8 day guided skiing with ACMG guide
Pre-trip logistics and Altus concierge support
Transportation to and from airport
Transportation during ski week
9-nights of accommodation
One heck of a good timeNot Included Not included: Lunch and dinner, Alcohol or additional beverages, flights to Japan, and travel insurance. For help booking flights or travel insurance, chat with our Concierge department Gear list Prerequisites
- Intermediate ski ability (blue/black diamond runs)
- Previous ski touring experience
- Moderate fitness (ability to walk up while for 2- 4 hours)
- Eagerness for adventure
- Powder skiing experience (minimum 20 days)
Why ski with Altus
The reason we believe in choosing anything in life, is passion. When choosing your next ski trip this winter, ask yourself; Does this company/the people involved, love what they do? Does their passion for powder shine through to my experience? Passion is the foundation of our life and our profession. The reason we book and run this specific week is so we can take all of the day-to-day details into our hands and show our guests the best experience possible. We are passionate for backcountry skiing, this area, and we want to share it with you.
Still Have Questions or Concerns?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or requests on how we can make this the best trip ever!!!Email Us Your Questions!