Backcountry Base Camp
Remote, Wild, Epic
Imagine a remote backcountry ski destination just for you and your friends... As we seem to yearn for more and more remoteness from the ski resort's maddening crowds, we get to explore more new areas to serve as our backcountry playgrounds. We will be setting up camp in a new area in the Sea to Sky for one week a month for backcountry ski and board base camp trips.
Each week will have its own goals and styles of terrain but expect over the course of 4 days to have opportunities to lead objectives and receive direct feedback and guidance from the guides. Not only do we want you to have the most fun ski trip ever but to leave feeling educated and empowered to get after it more!
We will be camping just above treeline in a comfy tent town set up, logging big days, and exploring our backyard.
Length: 4 Days
Elevations: 900m - 2600m
Terrain: Open bowls, trees, alpine faces and couloirs.
Season: Scheduled Dates all winter long
Max. Guest to Guide Ratio: 6:1
Favourite Runs: Too many!
As you travel north of Whistler, the mountains seem to creep up in size, both in the length of runs and the expanse of the terrain. This area is best described as the Whistler Backcountry on steroids. The big glacier runs, fun peaks to climb, and massive smooth alpine runs will make your legs burn.
- North Facing Alpine and Long South Facing Corn
- 5 Major Valleys
- 80% Alpine Terrain, 20% Trees
- Bad Weather Skiing option near Camp Site
- Runs of up to 5000ft/1500m
- Cruiser Alpine Runs to Steep Faces
Scheduled Trip Dates
December 6 - 9, 2020$1180 /person
All prices are CAD and subject to 5% sales tax
December 6 - 12, 2020$1180 /person
January 17 - 20, 2021$1780 /person
January 20 - 23, 2021$1780 /person
February 7 - 10, 2021$1780 /person
March 22 - 25, 2021$1780 /person
March 25 - 28, 2021$1780 /person
Custom Dates & Duration
• Ski touring skis, Skins, poles
• 40-50 litre backpack (something large enough to fit extra clothing, skins (6in x 2 x 3), a portion of the group food, and a portion of group gear)
• Avalanche beacon, probe, shovel
• Crevasse kit (2 prussics, 2 locking biners, 2 non-locking biners) We can provide if necessary
• Ski crampons
•Waterproof/breathable jacket and pants
• Lightweight, breathable jacket and pants (for uphill skinning/climbing)
• Insulated jacket (synthetic insulated jacket is strongly recommended)
• Lightweight gloves for climbing/skinning
• Balaclava or another type of neck warmer
• Base Layers
We personally recommend bringing a larger than a normal insulated jacket or an additional light jacket or vest to supplement your normal layering system. Down pants are also a fantastic treat on overnight trips.
• Sun hat
• Small personal ski repair kit (Phillips driver for snowboard bindings)
• Personal first aid, medication
• Camera + Headlamp
• Down booties for around camp
• Change of warm socks
• 4 season tent
• Winter sleeping bag (-15 to -30c)
• Sleeping pad, the inflatable is recommended
• Personal toiletries
• Anything else to keep you comfortable and happy 🙂
- 4 day guided skiing with ACMG guide
- Heli drop
- Pre-trip logistics and Altus concierge support
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- Transportation to/from heli
- Intermediate ski ability (blue/black diamond runs)
- Previous ski touring experience
- Moderate fitness (ability to walk up while for 2- 4 hours)
- Eagerness for adventure
- Powder skiing experience (minimum 20 days)
Still Have Questions or Concerns?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or requests on how we can make this the best trip ever!!!