Mount Garibaldi Summit
Local powders stash and epic freeride lines - all winter long.
Mount Garibaldi or also known as Diamond Head is in Garibaldi Provincial Park and is the last peak in the chain of strato-volcanos that extends up from California’s Mt. Shasta.
Mt Garibaldi sports massive glaciers and a truly Olympian summit. This two days guided trip up has a bivouac at the edge of the Warren Glacier and a steep snow/ice climb up the northeast face of the mountain to its high point at 2678 meters or 8,786 feet.
This is a grand outing that takes you literally from Sea to Sky! The vistas off the top of Mt Garibaldi looking down to the Howe Sound are next to none world wide.
Length: 1 or more days
Starting point: Squamish BC
Summit Elevation: 2678M, 8786ft
Season: June 1 - September 1
Max Guide to Guest Ratio: 2:1
Style of climbing: Steep snow and ice
Cost: Starting at $825 per person
- Guide’s fees
- Group equipment
- Two days of lunch
- One breakfast, one dinner
- Transportation from Squamish to trailhead (4x4 road)
- Photos of the climb
- Pre and post valley accommodation
- Sleeping bag + mat
- Use of mountaineering boots
- Boots – full-leather, They should be well broken-in and waterproofed with snow seal or similar
- Sleeping bag – good to approx. -5 or -10 degrees Celsius
- Sleeping pad – therma-rest style or closed-cell foam
- Backpack – 40-80 litre capacity
- Summit-pack – 20-40 litre capacity (Optional)
- Outer layer jacket with hood – Gore-Tex style
- Light weight outer layer waterproof pants – Gore-Tex style
- Lightweight thermal layers – top & bottom, Polypro, Icebreaker, etc.
- Climbing/hiking pants – nylon, fleece, Schoeller, etc. (1 pair)
- Gloves (medium weight) – wool or poly-pro (2 pair)
- Waterproof gloves or mitts (gloves work best) (2 pairs)
- Warm parka/jacket – down, synthetic, fleece or pile (1)
- Sweater or vest – wool, synthetic, fleece or down (1)
- Socks – wool or synthetic blend (2-3 pairs)
- Toque/warm hat – wool or fleece (1)
- Sunglasses – UV block with good eye coverage (1pr)
- Ski goggles
- Headlamp with new batteries
- Personal 1st aid (blister kit, toothbrush, blister kit, toilet paper, etc.)
- Misc. personal items (camera, journal, etc.)
- Sunscreen – minimum spf45
- Water bottles/hydration system – minimum 1 liters
- Walking pole(s) – Optional but helpful for the approach/descent
- Gaiters (1 pair) – Optional if built in paint gaiters or boot gaiters
Communal equipment: (supplied by Altus if required)
Is this for you?
The number one questions we get from our guest is "are they ready for a multi-pitch?". 99.9% the answer is YES, our guide job is literally to push guests ability. If you have some minimum climbing and eagerness for a day of adventure we can make the day for you!
- Previous rock climbing experience, in the gym or outside
- Have top roped 5.6 as a minimum
- Fitness to be moving for a minimum of 3 hours
- Can hike 1 hour in gentle uphill terrain
- Likes being outside
Sounds too basic for you? We got you covered, our crew can guide anything from the easiest to nearly the hardest routes in Squamish.
Day 1: Meet your guide in Squamish, 4×4 approach to Brohm ridge, hike and scramble over the “Shark’s Fin”, set up camp on the moraines by the Warren Glacier, below Mt Garibaldi. Glacier “warm up” walk to scope out the route for the next day.
Day 2: Alpine start, ascend the Warren glacier to the Northeast face of Mt Garibaldi. Climb ice and snow to 45 degrees and scramble the final slopes to the dramatic summit, overlooking the caldera and Howe Sound. Descend the same route off Garibaldi back to camp and down to Brohm Ridge the same day. They enjoy the view back to the summit of Garibaldi from Squamish in time for dinner.
*Contact us for custom dates, duration and included costs
Mount Garibaldi Northeast face is a classic snow and ice route with climbing up to 45 degrees and a slew of technical crevasses and a bergschrund to cross.
Elevation gain from parking: 1500m
Elevation gain on the glacier: 600m
Climb steepness: 45 - 55 degrees
Distance (one way): 10km
Scheduled Trip Dates
February 1 - 10, 2017$3950 / person
Only 2 spots available
February 10 - 20, 2017$3950 / person
Only 4 spots available
February 20 - 30, 2017$3950 / person
Only 8 spots available
Personal photographer to capture the trips epic moments.
Black Crows ski demos
Take some of the hottest new powder skies for spin.
Still Have Questions or Concerns?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or requests on how we can make this the best trip ever!!!