The Bugaboos is home to North America’s most amazing alpine rock: Bugaboo, Snowpatch, Pigeon and the Howser Towers, this place has to be seen and experienced in order to really believe it! From the Beckey-Chouinard (V 5.10) to the West ridge of Pigeon (II 5.4), there is something here for everyone! A three hour hike brings you to the commodious Conrad Kain Hut which provides the base for a week-long binge of Alpine rock climbing or mountaineering. Let an Altus Mountain Guide, Bugaboo Climbing Guide take you to high places in the Bugaboos!
Fit climbers with multi pitch rock experience.
Guides fee, Group equipment, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Hut fees
What is not included
Personal climbing gear (shoes, harness, helmet), Travel to Golden BC,
July through mid September
(Contact us for custom dates, itinerary, and prices.)
7 day price:
$4000 per person 1:1 (guide : guest)
$2800 per person 1:2
5 day Price:
$3000 per person 1:1 (guide : guest)
$1900 per person 1:2
|If you have a peak or trip in mind we can accommodate, anything anytime! If our scheduling allows less than a 5 day package can be created. Weekend trips are a possibility as well. Please contact us to discuss the many different options of rock climbing or mountaineering in the legendary Bugaboo Range.|
This can be tailored to meet your needs.
Day 1: Meet in Golden BC and travel to the final trail head. 3 hours of hiking leads up to the Conrad Kain Hut.
Day 2 – 6: Climb amongst the spires of the Bugaboo Mountains! If you have specific routes or mountains you wish to climb Altus Mountain Guides will do all we can to get you to the summit of your dreams. Of course conditions and weather play a huge roll in the Bugaboos of what can be climbed. Our ACMG / IFMGA certified guides are qualified to make selections that will provide you the most amazing experience possible, in one of the world’s premiere mountaineering and rock climbing destinations.
Day 7: Pack up and hike out to the car and have lunch in Golden BC.
Bugaboo EQUIPMENT LIST
Please contact Altus Mountain Guides for any questions or expert advice on the best equipment to have. Let us know what you need on the list before you purchase any gear. We can lend you gear free of charge or can advise you on the best gear to purchase.
- Boots – Summer mountain boot. Geared for rock climbing. They should be well broken-in and waterproofed with snow seal or similar.
- link to boots: http://home/altusmou/public_html.sportiva.com/products/footwear/mountain/trango-s-evo-womens
- Rock climbing shoe (Comfortable enough that can be worn for a day of climbing) – Not an aggressive sport climbing shoe
- Sleeping bag – good to approx. -5 or -10 degrees Celsius
- Sleeping pad – therma-rest style (If not staying at the hut)
- Backpack – 40-110 liters capacity, big enough to hold all gear for the trip plus some extra communal gear
- Summit-pack – 15-40 liters capacity (Optional – your approach backpack can also work as a Summit pack)
- Outer layer jacket – preferred with hood – Gore-Tex style
- Light weight outer layer waterproof pants – Gore-Tex style
- Lightweight thermal layers – top & bottom under where, Polypro, Icebreaker, etc.
- Climbing/hiking pants – nylon, Schoeller, etc. (1 pair)
- Gloves (medium weight) – wool or poly-pro (2 pair)
- Waterproof gloves or mitts (gloves work best for rope handling and ice axe use) (2 pairs)
- Warm parka/jacket – down, synthetic, fleece or pile (1)
- Sweater or vest – wool, synthetic, fleece or down (1)
- Socks – wool or synthetic blend (2-3 pairs)
- Toque/warm hat – wool or fleece (1)
- Sunglasses – UV block with good eye coverage (1pr)
- Ski goggles
- Headlamp with new batteries
- Personal 1st aid (blister kit, toothbrush, blister kit, toilet paper, medications, etc.)
- Misc. personal items (camera, journal, etc.)
- Sunscreen – minimum spf45
- Water bottles/hydration system – minimum 1 liters x2
- Walking pole(s) – Optional but helpful for the approach/descent to and from hut or camp site
- Gaiters (1 pair) – Optional if built in paint gaiters or boot gaiters
- Running shoe / Approach shoe – Optional for use in hut, hike in or non glacier days
Communal and Technical equipment:
(Supplied by AMG if required):
- Rope (60 meter single rope 9.8mm max diameter)
- Climbing Rack
- Climbing harness – seat harness only
- 3 locking carabineers
- 1 belay device
- 5 meters of 6 or 7mm cordage rope
- 1.5 meters of 6 or 7mm cordage rope
- Crampons – adjusted to your boots (1 pair)
- Ice Ax (General mountaineering axe / strait shaft around 60cm max)
- Small “thermos” for hot drinks (optional)
- Knife – Swiss army style
- Personal eating utensils – cup, bowl, spoon (Only if not at Hut)
- Light weight 2 or 3 person tent (Only if not at Hut)
- Single burner stove and fuel (Only if not at Hut)
- Cooking sets (2 pots per 3 people) (Only if not at Hut)
- Compass and map
- First Aid Kit
- Tape / Repair kit