Women’s Ski Mountaineering Camp
Women’s Ski Mountaineering Camp:
Big mountains, glaciers, steeps, summits! Learn the skills to go after the big peak and objectives. Join professional ski mountaineer Holly Walker and IFMGA mountain guide Julia Niles for 2 days of intensive structured education and a supported atmosphere to push your limits.
- Steep Skiing Skills
- Crevasse Rescue
- Glacier Travel
- Mountain Hazard Identification and Management
- Rope Skills: Climbing and Rappelling
*Skills covered will be subject to conditions, weather, and group abilities.
Experienced skiers who are looking to push their backcountry riding. This course is aimed towards women skiers who have backcountry skiing and advanced ski ability. Our goal is to introduce + train you to keep safe in big mountain terrain and move confidently with your peers.
Strong skiing skills are required (able to ride a black diamond), AST 1 or equivalent is suggested.
Guides fee, swag and entry into a product draw from our sponsors
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
January 7, 8
March 4, 5
+ 5% gst
- Ski touring skis
- Avalanche transceiver
- Collapsible poles
- Backpack (25-40 litres in size; ie big enough to carry your stuff)
*we have the above items available for rent (please inquire if needed; limited amounts)
- Normal snowboarding outerwear and boots
- Water and food for a full day of skinning and riding in the backcountry
- Extra insulated layer
- Warm gloves
- Thin gloves (if you have them they’re great while skinning up)
- Extra touque