Mount Tricouni – North Ridge
The Mount Tricouni North Ridge is one of the quickest and best alpine rock routes the Coast Mountains have to offer. This classic coastal mountaineering objective is a striking exposed rock ridge with difficulties up to 5.4 leading to an air summit over looking both the Squamish and Whistler valleys. The trip starts with a 4×4 journey almost right into the alpine followed by a 1 to 2 hour alpine meadow approach and finally across the north glacier sees us on the ridge proper. A absolute must do for an one looking for a 1 day alpine trip.
Tricouni North Ridge is a great objective for any climber with some alpine or rock experience with difficulties to 5.4. The day is anywhere from 8 – 12 hours long so good fitness and the ability to move through hiking and scrambling terrain all day it imperative.
Guides fee, Transportation, Technical equipment
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
Mountain boots, Food – (Food can be provided for an additional $20 per person per day)
May 15th – October 15th
$595 per person 1:1 (guide : guest)
$350 per person 1:2 (guide : guest)
(Custom dates, duration, included services and prices are available)
Meet in either Whistler or Squamish depending on where your staying. We meet for a gear inspection before heading out to the trail head on the west side of the 99 highway right between Squamish and Whistler BC. We will then spend the whole day in the alpine climbing and return in the afternoon. Typically we will depart 6am and return 4pm.
Mount Tricouni EQUIPMENT LIST
Please contact Altus Mountain Guides for any further questions or concerns you might have regarding your equipment needs. Personal Gear:
- Boots – full-leather or plastic mountaineering boots. If leather, they should be well broken-in and waterproofed with snow seal or equivalent
- Summit / Day-pack – 15-40 liters capacity (optional your big backpack can also work as a Summit pack)
- Outer layer jacket with hood – Gore-Tex style
- Light weight outer layer waterproof pants – Gore-Tex style
- Lightweight thermal layers – top & bottom, Polypro, Icebreaker, etc.
- Climbing/hiking pants – nylon, fleece, Schoeller, etc.
- Gloves (medium weight) – wool or poly-pro (2 pair)
- Warm parka/jacket – down, synthetic, fleece or pile
- Sweater or vest – wool, synthetic, fleece or down
- Socks – wool or synthetic blend
- Toque/warm hat – wool or fleece
- Sunglasses – 1005 UV block (1pr)
- Headlamp with new batteries
- Sunscreen – minimum spf30
- Water bottles/hydration system – minimum 1.5 liters
Communal and Technical equipment:
- (Supplied by Altus Guides if required):
- First Aid Kit
- Ice ax
- Climbing harness – seat harness only
- 2 locking carabiners
- 1 belay device
- Rope rescue cord / webbing
- Crampons – adjusted to your boots (1 pair)
- Gaiters (1 pair)
- Small thermos for hot drinks (optional)
- Knife – Swiss army style